Joyfully (:
You lead me by the waters still
You lay me down to rest upon your faithfulness
My shepherd, simply take my hand
Your song restores my soul
For Your name, You make me whole
Joyfully I lift my voice in praise to Thee
With heaven watching over me, I raise my hands up high
Your Majesty gently washes over me
Makes my heart begin to sing joyfully
No shadow ever shall I fear
Your peace, my heart will k now
My cup it overflows
Your goodness chases after me
Your mercy and Your grace will be my dwelling place
Joyfully I lift my voice in praise to Thee
With heaven watching over me I raise my hands up high
Your Majesty gently washes over me
Makes my heart begin to sing joyfully
I will sing from the mountain top
I will sing, I am overcome, I will sing making melodies
I will sing from the valley low
I will sing because of Your love I will sing
You're my King, I will sing
Joyfully I lift my voice in praise to Thee
With heaven watching over me I raise my hands up high
Your Majesty gently washes over me
Makes my heart begin to sing joyfully
Joyfully, joyfully, joyfully
dailies
Wednesday, May 18, 2005
-3:04 PM
Forcing turnout:Ideally when you look down at your feet when you plie your knees should be over your fourth toe although most teachers tell you line your knees up over your second toe. Lining your knees up over your fourth toe is very difficult and takes a lot of time so for now concentrate on getting your knees to line up over your second toe.
The reality is it is very very rare for someone to have 180 degree turnout even dancers in major companies don't have flat turnout. So even some of the best don't have the ideal turnout!
Forcing your turnout by putting your feet in a flat line when your knees are not going direction out to the side is INCREDIBLY damaging.
Problems created by forcing turnout:
1.Rolling the arches - putting all your weight on the inside of your feet which can contribute to tendonitis.
2. pulled muscles- twisting turnout from the knee and ankle creates pressure on delicate ligaments and muscles surroundeing your knees. Dancers who have consistently forced their turnout for years can even end up needingn knee replacement surgery!
3. improper balance- when you force your turnout you throw your whole body alignment out of wack and won't be able to balance properly at center
4.greater risk for injury - when you force your turnout you put yourself at a much higher risk for ankle and knee injury because your ankles and knees have weakend from all that pressure you put on them.
To improve turnout I really like this excersice:
1. Lie on your back and raise your left leg to a 90 degree angle turned in
2. slowly rotate your leg to a turned our position using only the turnout muscles that are located deep in your bum and wrap around to the inside of your thigh. Really thing of pulling your inner thigh forward and NOT clenching your bum.
3. repeat 15x or more if you want to
4. repeat on other leg
This is a really good post BurgundyBell47 created on how to improve turnout and the mechanics of it
www.dance.net . . .
Hope that helped
Rubber