Joyfully (:
You lead me by the waters still
You lay me down to rest upon your faithfulness
My shepherd, simply take my hand
Your song restores my soul
For Your name, You make me whole
Joyfully I lift my voice in praise to Thee
With heaven watching over me, I raise my hands up high
Your Majesty gently washes over me
Makes my heart begin to sing joyfully
No shadow ever shall I fear
Your peace, my heart will k now
My cup it overflows
Your goodness chases after me
Your mercy and Your grace will be my dwelling place
Joyfully I lift my voice in praise to Thee
With heaven watching over me I raise my hands up high
Your Majesty gently washes over me
Makes my heart begin to sing joyfully
I will sing from the mountain top
I will sing, I am overcome, I will sing making melodies
I will sing from the valley low
I will sing because of Your love I will sing
You're my King, I will sing
Joyfully I lift my voice in praise to Thee
With heaven watching over me I raise my hands up high
Your Majesty gently washes over me
Makes my heart begin to sing joyfully
Joyfully, joyfully, joyfully
dailies
Thursday, December 04, 2008
-12:14 AM
sometimes i need to think about God so that i remember His existent.i've been checking out different courses at NUS that suits me and sadly i think not much. Of course it'll be good if i can get into medicine because that's something i really love to do and have passion. in the 1st year of JC i remember telling the class during this dumb speech and oral presentation workshop that i would like to be a doc so that i can travel to countries like East Timor and maybe Africa to help the less fortunate with foc medical service. that is still my dream today. watching those documentaries on tv in the past which showed doctors from SG travelling to these countries to perform free surgery for those kids w cleft lips who cannot afford these really touched my heart. and today i'm reading this
CHINESE book which is really really interesting (though iwould like an english version) about this girl called Christine who had CMD (muscular dystrophy) and the family is apparently from my church fcbc. it talks about how her mother first gave birth to her (the stupid anaesthesiologist gave too little morphine and anaesthetic that caused her to wake up during the C-section cus the kid was premature, breech baby.) and boy i could feel her pain. she couldnt tell the doctor she was awake because of the effect of certain medicine so she had to bear the tremendous, OMG pain while the darn doctors were pulling out the kid and didnt know she was awake. later she was told that under such conditions it was so serious that she could have almost died. i was pretty much cursing the doctor while reading this part. and how christine grew up to be a weak , eventually passing away at age 13. Yet this book really showed God's power and presence with them throughout the whole ordeal. really touching book.
ok back to my point, i've been helping out at Healthserve clinic in geylang for 2 days already. it only opens 2 days a week and serves mainly commercial sex workers/ migrant workers. christian clinic. im keen to go at every chance haha. all doctors and nurses/ volunteers are not paid. so i tagged along w mommy to learn more. i got a chance to watch the doctor yesterday cut a patients eyelid and squeeze out all the pus (like pimple which happened to me before) and ouch it was scary hah. dispensing medicine w mom was fun and i met joscelyn whos one year older than me:D she brought along a medical student friend and its interesting to hear about the stress she faces in school. i really wouldnt mind slogging my guts out, even when it gets tough i guess. sigh. sometimes i wish i was in medicine school already. the application process is gonna be painful. as long as i dont get 3 As and a B for GP im out (and GP was like......... *&(*&%$^)
i'm still praying about it. I quote Pastor Khong in one of his recent sermons "Pastor Nina says she became a doctor because God destined that she became one."
I'm hoping im also made to be one. If not, show me the way, Lord. I want to follow You.